Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Wishes

We left Opua yesterday around noon with Darusha and Steve on Scream and we are now parked in front of the beautiful Roberton Island, S 35 14.03'   E 174 10.11', about 10 NM from the marina. We had a great sail the last hour when we made a 90 degree turn and we are thoroughly enjoying a peaceful, sunny morning surrounded by pine trees and craggy rocks. We had a fun hike with Steve yesterday and dinner on Scream, relaxing with these two talented friends. The island is calling to me for another hike and we will leave later today and sail our way back to Opua. Brandy and I have a bit more shopping to do for Thanksgiving and we hope to hike the trail into Paiha to go eat pizza and listen to music. 


Our delivery trip to Nelson with our friend, Nick, who we met in Vuda Pt., is on hold, waiting for a good weather window and that is great. The rain is predicted for Thursday and Friday and there are gale warnings on the South Island right now. BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!  We took a trip down to Whangarei two days ago and investigated services down there and I think we are going to take Sidewinder down there and haul her out on Jan 9. David will work on her while I am visiting you and hopefully, all the work will be completed by the time I come back ( wow, wouldn't that be nice!!!)  Time to ready myself for a bit more land exploration and a chance to appreciate even more, all that we are given in this pretty amazing life. Happy Thanksgiving.  I love you  Suzi    I will send pictures next after we look through them. 

No comments: