Friday, May 13, 2011

Suzi's Birthday









Thank you everyone for all the birthday spirit sent my way. My day was wonderful, in spite of the downpour that occurred in the late afternoon. David and I managed to get the mainsail back up before I took off for my early afternoon massage by the sea next door at the resort. It was divine! That was David's first present to me. We then proceeded to hang by the pool, drinking champagne brought by Roz and Russ (from s/v Worrall Wind). Instead of a sunset, the heavens opened up as we ran over to Sidewinder to get prepped for my birthday dinner. It was a festive occasion with 10 lovely cruisers who wanted to come celebrate with me, and it was a great opportunity to get to know some of them better. The food was good, the locals sang their traditional birthday song when the cake arrived, and there was even a bit of dancing. I will post photos on this entry soon.

1 comment:

Virginia Cross said...

Late, but heartfelt good wishes for your birthday Suzi. How did you get so color coordinated with the band?
It looks like a great party was put together for you with a lot of lucky cruisers. Glad to see you having a great time.
Much love,

Virginia and Richard