Sunday, October 3, 2010

Serene Sunday in Nieafu

In Tonga, because it is Sunday, there is no activity except singing in church or walking to church. I did just that this morning and thoroughly enjoyed the hour of the spiritual musical chanting-type Catholic mass Tongan style; my soul did soar as the singing filled the village. 


David stayed on Sidewinder and found the internet connection we needed and when I returned, he was writing to all of his facebook friends who made contact with him. We did go for a dinghy ride and took Jock and Eureko from sv Scotch Bonnet, the couple from San Francisco we befriended in Bora Bora, out to Swallows Cave, with incredibly intense deep blue water, and we just returned. I will plan to Skype you tomorrow afternoon, while David is watching Sunday Night Football at the Aquarium Cafe nearby. 
Love to all, me

No comments: