Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 4: Almost There

This passage has reminded David and me of all the ups and downs of this journey of cruising. The constant motion is both stressful and exhilarating, along with the power of the ocean and the weather. We do pray to the weather gods, and I sing to the ocean every day, hoping to be safe as we glide along our way. The seas and the wind were much calmer this morning and we were able to take down the main and raise the headsail with the pole, just in time for a squall to hit. Change keeps us on our toes, but also creates tension and a bit of fear. Often we are not very good together during sail changes because of how slow I am with lines and knots and how impatient my lovely hubby captain (bless his heart) can be. You can imagine how the story goes. 


The skies cleared up late this afternoon and we did have a lovely barbecue dinner and enjoyed a beautiful sunset with the following seas settling down, along with the wind. Right now, though, the wind seems to be picking up, and we are hoping we did not make a mistake leaving the pole up at night. I will let you know tomorrow :) I always think positive thoughts and send loving vibes your way each night under the stars while I make my way across the wild blue yonder; it is such a magical time to be at one with it all.   OH yea, almost forgot....... Location:  S 13 degrees 33'  W 160 degrees 33'  - Suzi

2 comments:

Panama Steve said...

Hi Gang.
I love this blog! Nothing like living vicariously. I noticed your sailmails are really long. Your reception must be incredible. Sometimes I'd spend an hour trying to get one mail out; reception, et al. They must have really improved in the last four years. (Gag, it's been that long, ugh.)

Kris Evans-Degen said...

To Panama Steve: Just so you know, not all of these posts are sailmails. Some were sent via Internet on their gmail account.
-from Kris, the Blogmistress