Saturday, August 21, 2010

Exhausted by Exhaust Repairs

Yes, I had a shitfit, along with a tantrum, and if I had any LSD I would've eaten it just to escape. But after not having any luck in town getting new parts, I jury rigged it by patching it with JB Weld and a few layers of fiberglass, and after a short trial run it seems to be holding. If it can get us to Fiji (and I think it will?) then I can do a first rate repair there and not have to worry about it again......RIGHT!! 


Right now the Admiral is cleaning the cockpit cushions with soap and letting the rain rinse them. Another boat that left yesterday is on the way back here against the wind and waves after losing their engine as well as their mainsail, using only their headsail and going about 1 knt. So once again, things could be worse. A few of us are waiting for them to get close enough so we can go out in our dingies and help them through the pass, which is not the place you want have engine problems. 


I'm going to send this now (or maybe I should say "try" to send this) so I'm sure Suzi will talk again to you soon. Hope Marc is having fun in Mex. and that he gets some good waves. Are there any hurricanes off Mex. right now? Could make for some good waves, and this is the time of year for it. Wish I was with him instead of playing boat repairman; I am truly getting tired of this part of the game, and someday it will be the reason for us heading home, I'm sure. The rest of it all is awesome, but when you spend more time wrenching instead of playing, it's time to reconsider one's priorities. See ya, David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH, Jeez Dave, cry me a river. You try spending a year in deary ol' England. I guarantee you, having my head buried in an engine compartment looks awfully damn good right now. Love ya, Brother.

Steve and Jane.