Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Counting Our Blessings

While our closest friends fight fear and frustration, we sit on Sidewinder, whose anchor is nestled in sand and aqua crystal clear water; beautifully manicured French Polynesian houses with exquisite gardens line the nearby shoreline, and a fabulous long white sand beach with cocoa palms behind is close at hand. It is a magical day of sunshine and calm, and we do look forward to some fantastic snorkeling and surfing at the south tip of Huahine. It is difficult for me to not feel guilty, as my heart and soul long to be by the side of my very best friend, Kris, and Marc, trying to be as proactive and positive as possible as they figure out how to attack Marc's recently diagnosed cancer. Another dear friend, Paula, is still in California trying to be there for her sister, who is struggling with cancer as well, and her mom, who is also having difficulty. All I can do right now is count my blessings, noting that each moment of my life here on this planet is precious and not forever, and I'd better make the very best of it. My love goes out to all of our blog friends who have been so supportive; when we do get a chance to find an internet connection, it has been so wonderful reading the comments. Thank you so much for being with us on our journey, and we hope that all is well in your lives. Happy 90th Birthday to Mony, Happy 14th Birthday to Anna, and major love and support to Willie and my sister, Jane.  What I miss most are my family and friends; it is the people in one's life that make it so worthwhile. 
Love to all, Suzi        

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David and Suzi,

I am still enjoying your tales of paradise. The ABC World News, tonight, profiled a family of seven and how they spent seven years traveling the world on their 43 ft. sailboat.

I count my blessings daily and my heart goes out to all my friends who are currently struggling with the trials of being alive.

Love,
the sand flea

Anonymous said...

c'est avec beaucoup de plaisir que nous suivons votre voyage sur votre blog.
à bientôt en France ,aux USA ,et certainement dans une ile paradisiaque
bises
stephane et béatrice
s/y lazarina