Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dad Tells Son about Tat . . .

. . . I know: usually it's the other way around. Casey just sent me this email that he received from David a few days ago. I find it amusing that David never says what the tat is: Suzi naked? Casey's birthdate? I guess we'll have to wait and see.  -Kris


Howdy Casey- You are not going to believe what I just did !! I got a
tattoo.... something I always thought was so stupid and I was so
against. Now I have one ??? But it took the perfect situation for me to
even consider it. We are on a small Motu that is part of the the atoll
called Tauo in the Tuamotos. This is the home to tattoos, and the guy
(Tava) who did it is a fifth generation of tattooers to hang on this
atoll which is owned by a family who Tava works with. I laid on a
comfy cot in a small palapa that looked out into the lagoon while Tava
performed on my ankle. Pretty casual place that made the whole
experience special way beyond the tattoo it self. Thought you would
like to hear about that, something new every day around here........
Love you,  Dad

No comments: