Friday, May 14, 2010

They Made It!!!!!

First sighting was at 8:55 PST and my whole being filled with delight and excitement!!!! We have done it! The impact of seeing the exotic island ahead came without warning and filled my heart and soul with glee. I yelled," Land Ho!" and David popped his head up from the nav station, looked across the bow and his whole being came to life! I think a sense of relief and achievement are just a few of the feelings we are experiencing now, several hours toward our destination.

We motored all night long and the wind came up just after our initial sighting. The colorful purple, blue, aqua spinnaker is easily carrying us enough to ride the casual waves; we are finally cruising along at 6kts and life is so sooooo good! This reward definitely helps to make the journey much more magical and our enthusiasm is bubbling once again. We have a sundowner date with Mantaka II and Alexis, boats we have been cruising along with, and I am sure we will enjoy sharing passage stories along with cold drinks. How fun to see the land! You will probably not hear from me again until tomorrow, so again, lots of love to Catfish and Larry. You should see this island as we approach. WOW! How excited am I to hike up one of those valleys and smell the fragrant flowers!! My little naked body will certainly miss the freedom to just be as we approach civilization, but it is a small price to pay. Thank you for all the sweet birthday wishes by the way. I felt your presence with me all day long; it was a memorable birthday and I am certainly celebrating life!

3 comments:

John Densmore said...

You guys rock!!!!!
John

Valdes Miller Family said...

Yeah for "Land Ho!" Love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

awesome! yo ho ho! namaste! Bijoy