Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Suzi's Birthday Message

On this Celebration of Life Day I want to tell everyone special in my life how thankful I am. Thank you for all the love and kindness over the many years; I am so fortunate. We are limited to 90 minutes of sailmail a week, and propagation has been taking so long, we decided to wait a day. We've had great wind, 20 -25 knots pushing us rapidly cross blue water, but big waves continue to knock us around. The Sidewinder dance has been difficult to get into, but we are doing the best we can. Sunshine and blue skies embrace us as we make good progress, and we are getting better at putting the spinnaker pole up and down with the jib, given the rollie conditions on the foredeck. Night watches with starry skies and the exhilarating energy of the seas fill my consciousness, and on this birthday I celebrate an awareness of being alive, enhanced by the circumstances. Enthusiasm gets lost when the weary body tires of the side to side continuous dance, but we do seem to find it again, especially when the seas bless us with a little bit of calmness every once in a while.  Thank goodness I only wanted  to do this passage once in my life! Location: S 07 56  W 131 42.7  We have 447.2 NMi to Fatu Hiva; perhaps we will arrive Friday afternoon. Ah.......that puts a big smile on my face!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suzie (and David),

Happy celebration of your life!

You are an inspiration, to the post 60's generation, to live life to the fullest.

Bon voyage,
the sand flea

Valdes Miller Family said...

Feliz CumpleaƱos Suzi! Hugs from Mexico.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Suzi! You adventure seeking, wild hearted, courageous woman. Much love and smooth sailing. The Obrands

David...You old salt. How's that six pack? Yar matey!

Anandamayi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! though a day late, dear sister.

I am so happy to see that things are progressing well for you and Davey, through all of the challenges.

I am back from India, new hip, all is well. Love, and miss you, and you are in my prayers,

Your sister, Anandamayi

Anonymous said...

hey soul sister i love you im so excited for your first island sighting dreams come true on your earth 1sst day

brother davie thanks for being my brother lovin you
smitty