Saturday, June 6, 2009

Still Waiting for Boat Parts

Still here at Bahia del Sol, another busy Saturday by the pool. My awning is awesome and I will take a picture to show it to all. Yesterday I tried to make jerry (sp) jug covers and failed, even though Tamar has given me one to copy. It seems to take me so long to get what it is I am doing when sewing without a pattern. Oh well.

Even though the mosquitoes are beginning to feast each evening now, the warm nights are so beautiful. Each night before crawling into our bunk, which is always quite toasty, we have been lounging in the cockpit, enjoying the warm breezes, starry heavens, almost full moon, and thunder and lightning shows off in the distance. Last night I woke up there, with the wind and lightning moving quickly down the estuary, just in time to close the hatches and ports. I wandered forward up to the mast and the giant raindrops drenched my body. It was so fun; the lightning and thunder made me feel so alive, and the cool rain washed the sweat away.

The warmth takes some getting used to; luckily we do have the pool and outdoor showers whenever we want to dinghy in. The last few mornings David and I have been motoring in and doing our exercises and yoga postures by the pool. We have been enjoying Tamar and Paul; he is a retired screen-writer and film-production professor from Sacramento State, and she, too, has been very involved in that field. Tamar has been so generous with her sewing machine. Lots of people are here today to partake in an early dinner while watching the soccer finals they are so into.

No comments: