Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cumpleaños Felices







My birthday was a huge success smothered by tons of emails reminding me that I am such a fortunate soul to have such fantastic friends. Early in the morning just as I plugged into the internet, I received a wonderful birthday call from Kris, Marc and Tori, singing a sweet reminder to me that I am always surrounded by love. It was too cosmic and obviously set the tone for a day of celebrating my blessed Beingness.

Dear David was a saint (if you can believe that!), allowing me to spend hours emailing friends, and then we ventured off down the river to clear water and a delightful afternoon swim. We explored a colorful fishing village on the far side of the bar and found a cool little restaurant out in the middle of the estuary to visit again yesterday.

We returned to Sidewinder, and Virginia and Richard came over for cocktails, bringing with them more birthday energy. I blew out candles strategically placed on the salsa, and we laughed our way through the evening, ending with more delicious pupuscas and fish-head soup at Mar y Sol. Another moonlit ribbon ride back to Sidewinder, along with warm breezes, reminded me again of how special my life is. Thank you all for being there for me!

Today we are going up river to San Luis La Herradura. Late afternoon is a barbecue over at Jan's place on the island across from where we are moored; she cooks for everyone in support of her school for teaching English to the local kids. There are some wonderful people here who have dedicated their lives to helping the local gente slowly work themselves from the bottom up. It's another beautiful day in paradise. I love you. Suz

P.S. I forgot to mention that Virginia, too, is a an awesome friend. She gave me a beautiful magical mermaid angel and read mermaid tarot cards for me late in the evening. How very cool is that? I'm such a lucky girl!

No comments: