Thursday, March 5, 2009

More from Tenacatita

I can't believe we have been back on the water cruising for a week now; it's amazing how fast the days fly by. I tried to find internet access today at the hotel up the beach and it was down. It is weird not being able to effectively communicate; I got used to it while in the marina, so I feel quite frustrated. Hopefully I will find the internet in a few days and will be able to send you some pictures for the blog. The next bay up was a wonderful place to snorkle yesterday; the water was exceptionally clear and there were so many beautiful fish. The water is warmer here, and it is wonderful just diving in whenever I feel like it. A whole group of cruisers met at the beach this afternoon and set up bocce ball and a v-ball court. They didn't really know how to play v-ball but it was fun for David and me to bump the ball around. We had dinner on another boat this evening with six new cruiser "friends," two of whom we had met two and a half years ago in Emerald Bay on Catalina. We all brought something to share and Dave, the boat owner, barbecued the fish he caught this morning. Dave and Marsha are from the Pacific Northwest and have been cruising for a while, but used to live near where David lived in Northern California. They know many of the same people. Actually, that is true of many of the people we have met......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Taos,
I am still living vicariously through all of your adventures. I was sorry to hear about David's mom.
Life is too short and I am glad you are living it to the max!
Jean