Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life in Las Hadas

Suzi and David are "stuck" in Las Hadas waiting for a boat part. Here's a snippet from an email that Suzi sent today:

Yesterday we got lost in the engine stuff, along with replacing watermaker filters and cleaning the raw water filter. YOW! This boat stuff is soooo fun! I did get my exercise and water time cleaning the bottom of the boat part way and am paying for it today. My muscles inside my ribcage hurt so much and my right hip was screeching at me all night cause I used my right leg with my right arm too much. Que lastima!!!

I brought the dinghy back into the marina late afternoon to take a fresh water shower at the resort (on the beach) and to find Stacy, who bought us some cheese and turkey when she went to Walmart. I don't think I should complain at all about life, being "stuck" in Las Hadas; we have been so fortunate to find so many awesome people. I'm not sure if I already talked about Stacy and Juan Valdez (yes, that's his real name!). They are wonderful young couple whom we met about a week ago here in this little cyber room. They have moved from Mexico City because it has become so violent. She is from Indiana and he is from Mexico City. I'm not sure how they met, but he spent many summers here in Manzanillo visiting his grandmother. Their two sons are so cute. Stacy has found me every day to ask what we need cause she is continually doing errands and has so much energy to burn. She speaks fluent Spanish and has been so helpful. I will send you a picture of them in the next few days.

No comments: