Saturday, August 15, 2009

We are in Quepos, Costa Rica, reprovisioning for our next adventure with Mandy, down the coast to the Osa Penninsula. We hope to stop at a few places along the way and catch some surf, snorkle, and see some of the wonderful wildlife. David and I honeymooned in this area in 2000 and it brings back some great memories. The weather has been cooperating so far and we do hope to catch some gentle, easy going 12 knot wind to help our venture smile. We may be out of touch for a while; the internet is less and less available as we move toward more wilderness areas and our ultimate destination is Golfito, inside the Golfo Dulce, southern Costa Rica. We will be there for a while before heading to Panama, and we will send pics of all the awesome adventures we are about to encounter, then. Our love to all.
To all of you who know of my fishing expertise this may come as a shock but I have caught a few fish while cruising along. But lately I've been beseiged with the "Small fish syndrome". I have been using a jig called a "Cedar Plug" which is about 6 inchs long and I have been catching little bonita that are about 12 inches long. I can't imagine how they get the thing in their mouths let alone why they would want to. They say that little bonita are great bait for marlin but I"m not into catching marlin. Way to big for us to eat and getting the thing aboard could be a real hassle. Might be sort of cool to be able to say I caught a Marlin but not that cool !! I'm fishing for yellow fin tuna but so far they don't seem to like what I'm offering them. But I'll keep trying and maybe sometime soon we can use some of that wasabe we stocked up on to add to the sashimi experience. So wish us luck and if any of you have any suggestions on how I may lure one of thos tastey critters aboard please drop me a line. Until then, I'll be fishing so don't bother calling.....

No comments: