Friday, July 31, 2009

Suzi Philosophizes

Everywhere we go, it seems like the sensational sunrises and sunsets set the stage and return us to the essence of life. Spectacular sunrises heartily welcome a new day, refreshing our mindful intent of experiencing all there is and then going beyond with a spirit of wonder; the incredible sunsets calm the senses, dissolve any frustrations, anxieties, and faulty expectations the ego chooses to embrace during the day, and help us revive any lost sense of just being. Cruising gives me the additional time to remember, but it is still amazing how little distractions temporarily throw away the sense of balance.

David has gone by taxi, bus, and ferry to Puntarennas, and I am sitting on Sidewinder in this pristine bay keeping watch and hanging out. I believe the day will include doing some postures, meditating, cleaning, getting free water from the dock, hiking to the point and finding the monkeys I hear each morning and evening, reading, and writing, all with focus on relaxation. What a wonderful luxury just to Be. Love to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzi and David,
Also hi to Lynn if she is still with you. I am loving your pictures and stories.
Thirty-five years ago, I spent some time at Mata de Limon, just south of Puntarenas. At that time, it was a dropped out village and very atmospheric, like a Gauguin painting.
The last I heard, Stu and Pezman had property in Quepos, with two other old surfer friends. You might run into one of them.
Thank you again for sharing these great adventures.
Jean

Gail said...

Hi Suzi,

My husband and I met you during lunch at the Bahia Ballena Restaurant on Friday, July 31. We were staying 4 days at Tambor Tropical after having visited with our daughter and family at Drake Bay for a week. We have a friend with a 42 ft. sailboat anchored in Vallejo. Maybe some day he will sail down to Costa Rica. I am enjoying reading your blog of your adventures.
Gail George(cruiseagent1@yahoo.com)